BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These Booking Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) are provided by Canopy Adventure Park LLC (“Canopy”) and apply to any and all activities or services booked by you, the Participant and/or purchaser of the Activity.
- The Terms contain information conconcerning ALL participants of an Activity, not just the purchaser. By booking with Canopy, you acknowledge that you and all members of your party have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- Any typographical, clerical, or other error or omission in any booking documentation or any other documentation provided to you (including electronic documentation) shall be subject to correction without any liability to Canopy.
- These Terms are in addition to Canopy’s Assumption of Risk and Release of Claims form that all participants are required to sign before beginning any Activity at Canopy Adventure Park.
- Canopy reserves the right to make changes to or alter the Activities provided in its sole discretion.
2. Group Bookings
All participants that have booked as a group are bound by these same Terms set forth in this document.
3. Booking Confirmation
- No booking shall be deemed accepted unless it is accepted in writing by Canopy (typically, but not always, in the form of an email confirmation of your booking).
- Mistakes in Canopy’s booking confirmation must be reported immediately. Canopy will use all reasonable efforts to make sure your booking is conducted as laid out in the booking confirmation documentation. It is the responsibility of each participant (or group) to arrive 15 minutes prior to your documented booking start time. Late arrivals are subject to Canopy’s No-Show Policy and may not be permitted to undertake the Activities based on availability. This is at the sole discretion of Canopy.
- The Activities at Canopy are comprised of, but not limited to, physically demanding zip line and high ropes obstacles and participation is not without risk, including permanent disability or even death. All participants will receive detailed safety training from a Canopy instructor prior to participation.
- Canopy will instruct each participant on how to fit a harness. A Canopy instructor will ensure that each participant is properly harnessed in a fashion that will ensure their harness remains secured to their body. Participants are required to alert an instructor immediately if their harness fitment has changed in any way. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD NEVER ADJUST THEIR HARNESS WITHOUT A TRAINED STAFF MEMBER OBSERVING AND/OR INSTRUCTING THEM.
- Canopy reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Activities or to remove a participant from the Activities should it deem it necessary to do so in its sole discretion, including but not limited to participants in violation of safety rules and those deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- After initial harnessing and safety training, participants are not supervised by Canopy personnel. Participants must acknowledge and adhere to all safety rules, including supervision requirements for minors as set forth in Canopy’s Participation Requirements.
- All Activities are physically demanding and require a degree of agility, strength and stamina. Participants must assess their own capability to participate in any Activity. If participants have any doubt to their ability, they are advised to walk the course or preview the specific Activity before booking. If participants have medical concerns, they are advised to consult with a doctor in advance and seek approval. Participants must be free from any medical condition which would make it more likely that they would be involved in any incident which could result in injury to themselves or others. Pregnant women are advised to not participate in Canopy Activities.
- Participants must be able to see similar distances as required to operate a motor vehicle. Accordingly, properly prescribed visual aids (contacts, glasses) must be worn by those who require them.
- All participants are required to act responsibly and courteously at all times and to respect other participants. Canopy, at its sole discretion, may prohibit any person from undertaking or completing the Activities in the event it deems their behavior unacceptable.
- Participants must be dressed appropriately. Canopy reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Activities to any participants who are not dressed appropriately.
- The Activities remain open in most weather conditions. Conditions (such as heavy winds, lightning, or ice) which alter the safety of the Activities will require the Activities to be closed.
- No refunds, credits or other compensation will be payable by Canopy in the event that any participant is not permitted to, or decides not to, undertake or complete the Activities for reasons set out in this Section 4.
5. Cancelation Policy
- Cancelation or rescheduling requests must be made by contacting 804.476.4919 or email@example.com. Participants are responsible for ensuring that Canopy receives the request.
- Participants canceling 48 hours or more prior to their reserved booking date will have the option of rescheduling the booking, receiving a gift card allowing them to reschedule at a later date, or a full monetary refund.
- Participants canceling less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours prior to the reserved booking date will not have the option to receive a monetary refund but may reschedule the booking or receive a gift card allowing them to reschedule at a later date.
- Participants canceling less than 24 hours prior to your scheduled booking, rescheduling the booking or receiving a gift card is subject to a five dollar ($5.00) administrative fee per ticket - no monetary refund is available. The amount will be charged at the time of rescheduling or deducted from the refund gift card issued to the participant.
- Participants that do not show at the reserved booking date/time without prior notice of cancelation or late arrival shall be subject to the NO-SHOW POLICY and will NOT be eligible for a monetary refund, rescheduling, or other credit.
- The Cancellation Policy as set forth here is applicable to all participants, including but not limited to individual participants within a group booking. Applicable non-refundable online transaction fees shall apply to all partial refunds of a booking.
- NO SHOW POLICY. In fairness to all guests, participants with reserved bookings who fail to show at their reserved booking time and provide no prior notice of cancelation are liable for the entire booking cost. The No-Show Policy as set forth here is applicable to all participants, including individuals within a group booking.
*No-shows shall not be eligible for a monetary refund, credit, refund gift card, rescheduling of the event, or any other reimbursement. The entire booking cost shall be forfeited.
- Cancelations of Bookings made through Third Party Vendors. Bookings for the Activities purchased through third-party vendors are subject to these Terms and the terms and conditions, including cancelation policies, as set forth in their agreement with such third-party vendor. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the two, the terms and conditions with such third-party vendor shall control.
6. Cancelations on behalf of Canopy
- In the event Canopy needs to close an Activity prior to your booking, participants will have the option to reschedule the booking, receive a refund gift card in the amount of the canceled booking, or a full monetary refund.
- In the event an Activity needs to close during your adventure, participants will have the ability to reschedule for a full adventure at a later date or receive a raincheck to schedule at a later date. Under these circumstances, no monetary refunds will be issued.
- Bookings purchased through third-party vendors shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in their respective agreements, including terms related to cancelations on behalf of Canopy.
7. Price and Payment
All prices are subject to availability. Prices are subject to change until full payment is received. Subject to any terms agreed in writing between Canopy and you, all charges shall be calculated at current rates and payment in full shall be due at the time of purchase. All discounts, coupons, promotional codes, or offers of any nature must be given at the time of the purchase. Payment may be made by debit or credit card either online at canopyadventurepark.com or by contacting us at 1-804-220-6308.
8. Promotions, Discounts, Sale Pricing, and Other Price Changes
- From time to time, Canopy, or authorized third parties, may offer, provide, or otherwise advertise promotions, discounts, sale pricing or otherwise modify pricing for its Activities (“Offers”). Offers cannot be applied to previously purchased bookings or used in combination with other offers. Offers are not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit. Certain products and services may be excluded from Offers, please see specific details of the Offer for a list of exclusions. Canopy reserves the right to modify or cancel any and all Offers at any time. Offers are limited to one per customer, unless specifically stated otherwise in the Offer details. Offers cannot be redeemed against taxes, fees, cancellation charges or other miscellaneous charges, which are the sole responsibility of the customer. Offers are void where prohibited by law. Offers are valid only during the applicable redemption period as set forth in the Offer details.
- If your booking purchased with an Offer is cancelled by you, any applicable monetary refund or refund gift card will equal the amount paid. Rescheduling of your booking purchased with an Offer is subject to the Cancellation Policy and prices in effect at the time of booking, except where usage restrictions apply. Where a specific Offer is subject to usage restrictions, Offer shall be void if rescheduling outside of usage restriction, please see specific details of the Offer.
- Payments made by debit or credit card will be refunded to the same card or, if the card has subsequently expired, by check. Payments made by Gift Card, Refund Gift Card or Gift Certificate shall be refunded to the same card.
- Where multiple forms of payment are used, Canopy reserves the right to refund any monies due on a refund by credit, check or refund gift card.
- All sales of merchandise are FINAL. No refunds or credits shall be permitted.
10. Limitation of Liability
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, Canopy shall not be responsible for the loss, or damage, of or to any property or to any person arising from the booking of or participation in the Activities.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, any liability of Canopy shall be limited to the refund of any charges paid to Canopy.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Nothing above shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any of these Terms.
- These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Virginia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Powhatan County, Virginia.